Speeding Rockwood Motorist Ends up in Accident
Rockwood, TN (July 29, 2020) A man in Rockwood was arrested on July 29th after his speeding led to a vehicle accident. Rockwood law enforcement observed a vehicle traveling on Westel Road at a high rate of speed. Law enforcement attempted to catch up with the man, but eventually gave up on doing so. Law enforcement was then called to the 3100 block of Westel Road, where the same vehicle had ended up in a collision. After noticing the smell of alcohol on the man’s breath, he was charged with driving under the influence as well as evading arrest.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that speeding in 2018 killed 9,378 people. While many of us deal with busy schedules, speeding places the lives of all motorists in danger.
Why Speeding Results in More Accidents
There are various reasons why speeding results in more accidents, which include:
- Speeding means drivers have less control of their vehicle and as a result are at an increased likelihood of crashing
- Speeding reduces the amount of time that drivers have to avoid an accident
- Because speeding vehicles are traveling at a great velocity, more distance is required to stpo the vehicles when emergency situations arrive
- Speeding lowers a driver’s ability to safely steer around curves or objects
- Due to increased force associated with speeding, the resulting collisions are often more serious
- Speeding reduces the effectiveness of safety devices like air bags, crumple zones, and seat belts
Contact a Tennessee Car Accident Lawyer
Speeding is just one of many driving patterns that can result in deadly accidents. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a Tennessee collision, do not hesitate to contact Fox & Farley today.
Note: This post was written based on available resources, news stories, and online reports about this incident. As is often the case with fast breaking news, there is always the risk that some details are still being shared and uncovered. Please contact us if you notice any information that should be changed or added. Thanks!