Tennessee Personal Injury Lawyers
Serving Clinton, Gatlinburg, Knoxville, LaFollette, Pigeon Forge & Sevierville
In Tennessee, thousands of people are injured every year by the negligent acts of others. Injuries sustained in traumatic accidents range from mild scratches and bruises to more severe problems, such as concussions, broken bones, and paralysis. But the trauma resulting from an accident can have serious consequences aside from physical injury or property damage. For instance, many car accident survivors struggle with anxiety and may take months or even years before they feel comfortable driving again. Family members who have lost loved ones in tragic accidents face additional emotional trauma and depression that can make it hard to hold down a job or even complete daily tasks. For over thirty years, our team of dedicated Tennessee personal injury lawyers have helped victims injured in all kinds of accidents obtain the compensation they deserve.
- Clinton Personal Injury
- Gatlinburg Personal Injury
- Knoxville Personal Injury
- LaFollette Personal Injury
- Maryville Personal Injury
- Pigeon Forge Personal Injury
- Sevierville Personal Injury
Tennessee Personal Injury, Dangerous Drugs & Social Security Disability
Although nothing can replace a loved one or make up for permanent injuries, compensation can go a long way toward enabling families to pay medical costs, cover unpaid bills, and ensuring that the injured party receives the best long-term medical and rehabilitative care available.
The Tennessee personal injury lawyers at Fox Farley Willis & Burnette have successfully represented hundreds of clients who were injured in a variety of auto accidents involving heavy impacts such as automobile, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Whether the other driver was driving under the influence or simply distracted, we help to ensure that responsible parties are held accountable for their poor decisions. Our Tennessee personal injury lawyers have extensive experience handling a variety of different cases, including:
- Automobile and Truck Accidents: When a negligent driver causes an accident that injures you or causes damage to your vehicle, he or she can be held responsible. In many instances, these types of accidents are caused by drivers who are intoxicated, distracted, sleep-deprived, or simply behaving recklessly. Injuries sustained in truck accidents can be especially devastating due to the sheer size of the vehicle and the fact that many semi-trucks haul dangerous chemicals. We have helped clients recover for broken bones, burns, lacerations, and head trauma sustained in an accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to being injured by another person’s negligence. Whereas those in cars and trucks are protected by airbags and thousands of pounds of steel, motorcyclists have no barrier between them and the road. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are especially horrific and can often result in death. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing those who have sustained crippling injuries due to another driver’s distracted driving or carelessness.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Sometimes catastrophic accidents like multi-car pile-ups result in traumatic brain injuries. These types of injuries can be life-threatening, are often permanent, and can have far-reaching consequences on the lives of victims and their families. Years of therapy, surgeries, and treatment may be required, all of which are not only painful, but also emotional and expensive. When someone has suffered such a severe injury, the last thing he or she needs to worry about is expenses. At Fox Farley Willis & Burnette, we can help to ensure that those who have been injured due to the negligence of another person and have sustained injuries that will require them to receive continuing treatment will have access to the best possible care.
- Toxic Exposure: For many years, no one was aware that certain substances used in the workplace were dangerous to the health of those that came into contact with them. This has been devastating to the lives of many who worked around asbestos for years and were diagnosed with serious ailments as a result. For instance, mesothelioma, a cancer that affects the membrane protecting a person’s organs, has been directly linked to asbestos exposure. If you have been exposed to a toxic substance, it is vital that you contact an attorney as soon as possible to ensure that you receive the best medical care possible.
- Product Liability: When a manufacturer or distributor produces a poorly designed or improperly assembled product that causes an injury to a consumer, the parties responsible can be held liable. We have represented clients injured by a variety or defective products, ranging from automobiles and pharmaceutical products to unsafe toys and household appliances.
- Defective Medical Products
- Dangerous Drugs
Our experience, however, extends beyond vehicular accidents, and we have represented many individuals who were tragically injured by a defective product or dangerous drug. We are especially committed to defending the rights of those who cannot defend themselves, such as the very young and the elderly. Whether the claim involves toxic exposure, defective children’s toys, or nursing home negligence, our lawyers will assemble an investigative team, gather evidence, and aggressively represent the interests of our clients.
Our Tennessee personal injury lawyers have decades of experience representing clients in personal injury matters. However, we also focus on helping people obtain workers’ compensation and Social Security disability benefits. Being injured on the job can have devastating financial consequences on a family. We are dedicated to ensuring that hardworking individuals and their families get the support they need in order to get back on their feet.
Cases involving domestic relations can be extremely emotional and stressful, especially when custody of a child is involved. We have experience representing clients in a variety of divorce matters, including child support, spousal support, child custody and visitation, and property division.
Jury Verdicts and Settlements
Because of our experience and dedication, our law firm gets results. Some of our recent verdicts and settlements include:
- An $800,000 jury verdict in a federal district court against the manufacturer of an industrial sealant and adhesive. The products were used in an assembly line and caused many of the workers who came into contact with it to contract debilitating dermatitis.
- A $947,400 settlement in Logan County, West Virginia, in a wrongful death action against the owners of a motel who did not provide adequate fire protection or alarm systems. Their negligence led to the death of a client when a fire broke out and he was unable to escape.
- A $1.6 million settlement for a man who sustained multiple leg and arm fractures and a head injury when he was struck head-on by a large truck.
- A $2.3 million jury verdict for a Knox County motorcyclist who lost his left leg after a motorist struck him and fled the scene.
- A $635,000 jury verdict for a family who sustained multiple injuries when an intoxicated driver struck their car head-on.
While our personal injury lawyers at Fox Farley Willis & Burnette are well-known for their success rate, they are equally renowned for professionalism and superior ethics. Our firm has been ranked by Cityview magazine as employing the best attorneys in Knoxville every year since 2008. We were also peer-reviewed and rated as one of the nation’s preeminent law firms by Martindale-Hubbell and were honored to accept the American Association for Justice’s recognition as one of the top 100 lawyers in the country.
At Fox Farley Willis & Burnette, we are committed to helping those who have been injured obtain the compensation they deserve. But we are also members of the community and are dedicated to having a meaningful impact in the area. We are well-placed to volunteer with a number of service groups, including:
- Fox Farley Willis & Burnette Scholarship Fund: Our firm established this fund in order to award scholarships to graduating seniors who excelled academically and showed an admirable interest in community service, but due to their family circumstances, lacked the funds to pursue higher education.
- CASA of the Tennessee Heartland: CASA is a non-profit organization that seeks to empower abused and neglected children in the community by assigning volunteers to advocate on their behalf in juvenile court. Our firm has been a strong supporter of this program for years and provides primary sponsorship for many of its fundraisers.
- Tennessee Wildlife Federation: The Tennessee Wildlife Federation is dedicated to conserving our state’s wildlife and natural resources through stewardship, youth engagement, and public policy. Fox Farley Willis & Burnette is proud to be a TFW supporter.
- Shangri-La Therapeutic Academy of Riding (STAR): This group has achieved groundbreaking results in their work as providers of equine-assisted activities for those with physical, mental and neurological disabilities. The attorneys at Fox Farley Willis & Burnette have been proud donors for years.
Experienced Tennessee Personal Injury Lawyers Protect Your Rights
Our Tennessee personal injury attorneys work hard for you in practice areas that include:
- Personal Injury: from car, truck and motorcycle accidents; accidents caused by distracted driving; nursing home abuse and neglect claims; defective or malfunctioning products; diseases at energy and atomic plants involving exposures to toxic substances, and resulting in cancer and other diseases
- Workers’ compensation: workplace injuries of all types and third-party claims
- Social Security Disability: when benefits applications and appeals are denied
- Criminal Defense: against a broad range of felony and misdemeanor charges
- Domestic Relations: family law representation in contested and high net worth divorce, child support and spousal support matters, child custody and visitation issues, and asset and property division
Personal injury clients of Fox Farley Willis & Burnette receive our aggressive representation on a contingency fee basis. This means we cannot be compensated for our efforts unless we win your case and a settlement damage award that meets with your approval.
Contact the Tennessee Personal Injury Lawyers at Fox Farley Willis & Burnette Today
We understand that retaining an attorney can seem like an intimidating process and we do all that we can to put our clients’ minds at ease. To this end, we offer free initial consultations so that each potential client can get an idea of the services we offer as well as his or her chance of success. Our legal team also operates on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients do not owe us anything unless we win the case or reach a settlement with the other parties.
Contact our skilled Tennessee personal injury lawyers for a free initial consultation. We can be reached by phone, toll free, at 866-862-4855 or by e-mail. If your injury prevents you from visiting us at our law offices, our injury lawyers can arrange to come to your home or hospital room.