Knoxville Personal Injury Lawyer
Placeholder Groupshot Groupshot Groupshot Bruce D. Fox Attorney Attorney Groupshot Attorney Attorney Attorney Attorneys Attorney Groupshot Groupshot Attorney and Award-Winning Dog

We change people's lives in Greater Knoxville and Statewide

Knoxville Personal Injury Lawyer > Knoxville Personal Injury > Knoxville Uninsured Motorist Lawyer

Knoxville Uninsured Motorist Lawyer

Obtaining Compensation in Uninsured Motorist Accidents

Being involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist is frustrating, especially in a “fault” state like Tennessee where at-fault parties are responsible for covering the losses associated with a car accident. You expect to be compensated by the person who caused your injuries and damages, but what if that driver didn’t have insurance? At Fox & Farley, we help Knoxville area drivers recover appropriate compensation after being involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist. Contact our Knoxville uninsured motorist accident lawyers today, we can help.

Tennessee Auto Insurance Requirements

Tennessee law requires drivers to carry certain minimum amounts of auto insurance liability coverage in case of an accident, including:

  • $25,000 for bodily injury
  • $50,000 for bodily injury when two or more people are hurt
  • $15,000 for property damage

These amounts are meant to cover injuries and damages suffered by other drivers, passengers, and/or pedestrians in the event of an accident, not injuries or damages sustained by the driver found to be at-fault in the accident. There are additional kinds of insurance policies available in Tennessee—for example, personal injury protection (PIP) coverage for injuries, and collision and comprehensive coverage for property damage—but motorists are not required by law to buy these types of insurance.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage Requirements in Tennessee

In Tennessee, every car insurance policy issued in the state must include uninsured motorist (UIM) coverage in the same amount as the limits for bodily injury and property damage listed in the policy. This means that if you have the minimum 25/50/15 coverage for bodily injury and property damage, you also have 25/50/15 coverage for your own injuries and damages if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist.

A policy purchaser may decline uninsured motorist coverage in writing, or choose lower UIM coverage limits. However, this means your own insurance policy is unlikely to cover your damages if you are injured in a serious accident with an uninsured motorist. Even when you do have UIM coverage, contact our Knoxville uninsured motorist lawyers to schedule a free initial consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus
MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2017 Fox & Farley, Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab