Car Crashes Into Chapman Highway Store
Knoxville, TN (September 2, 2020) A driver on September 2nd crashed into Basement Records on Chapman and caused substantial damage including shattered glass, destroyed records, and structural damage. Knoxville law enforcement states that the driver had swerved to avoid colliding with another vehicle before crossing into the southbound lane of Chapman Highway, hit a building, and backed up into a second building. The owner of Basement Records reports that the store’s main display area was crushed. Fortunately, no one was injured in the accident. It remains uncertain when Basement Records will be able to reopen.
Data collected by the Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland security has found that 4,034 collisions have occurred so far in Knox County involving property damage.
Common Reasons Why Cars Crash Into Building
Some of the reasons why cars end up crashing into stores as well as houses and other buildings include:
- Driver errors, which includes drivers who dangerously switch lanes or text on smartphones while driving
- Drivers who experience medical emergencies like heart attacks while driving
- Drivers who lose control of a vehicle as a result of a traffic accident.
- Drivers who mistakenly use the gas instead of the brake pedal. This mistake is common among both drivers of the age of 76 as well as drivers between the ages of 16 to 20.
- Drivers who operate vehicles while either under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Speak with a Compassionate Car Crash Lawyer
Besides physical injuries, car crashes can also involve extensive personal property damage. Regardless of the damages that you face after an accident, understand that a dedicated attorney can help. Contact Fox & Farley today for assistance.
Note: This post was written based on available resources, news stories, and online reports about this incident. As is often the case with fast breaking news, there is always the risk that some details are still being shared and uncovered. Please contact us if you notice any information that should be changed or added. Thanks!