Bicyclist Killed After Cades Coves Accidents
Sevier County, TN (August 16, 2020) Law enforcement reports that a bicyclist was killed in a single bicycle accident on August 16th that occurred in Cades Coves. Great Smoky Mountain National Park rangers reported that the bicyclist, who was not wearing a helmet, was knocked unconscious and experienced severe head trauma due to the accident. The accident occurred while the bicyclist was navigating a downhill section of Cades Cove Loop Road. Park rangers provided care to the bicyclist at the scene before he was transported by ambulance and later flown to the University of Tennessee Medical Center. Unfortunately, the bicyclist died from his injuries on August 17th.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that there were 857 bicyclists killed in accidents in 2018.
Common Causes of Deadly Bicycle Accidents
Some of the most common ways in which bicyclists Tennessee end up in deadly accidents include:
- Adverse weather conditions like ice or snow that make the road slippery and cause bicyclists to lose control
- Dooring accidents, in which bicyclists collide with the doors of vehicles that are thrown open by people who are not paying attention to their surrounding
- Motor vehicle drivers who are not paying attention to their surroundings and end up colliding with bicyclists
- Side swipe accidents which occur because motor vehicle drivers do not give bicyclists enough room while passing
- Speeding by either bicyclists or mother vehicle drivers
Speak with a Tennessee Bicycle Accident Attorney
When bicyclists occur in Tennessee, sometimes other people are responsible. If you need the assistance of a skilled attorney, do not hesitate to contact Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette today.
Note: This post was written based on available resources, news stories, and online reports about this incident. As is often the case with fast breaking news, there is always the risk that some details are still being shared and uncovered. Please contact us if you notice any information that should be changed or added. Thanks!