Sevierville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle crashes have grave consequences that physically and emotionally impact the victims and their loved ones. As with any crash there can be injuries, property damage, permanent disability, or even death. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident you have the right to receive compensation from the liable party’s insurance company. The Sevierville motorcycle accident lawyers of Fox Farley Willis & Burnette will pursue your claim so that you have the ability to focus on making a full recovery.
Holding the Responsible Party Accountable for their Negligence
All motor vehicle users owe one another a duty of care when it comes to driving or riding on Sevierville’s roads. This duty requires vehicle operators to drive or ride in a way that is reasonably safe and cautious and that does not put the life or limb of others in danger. The most frequent ways that this duty is violated include:
- Drunk driving;
- Careless driving;
- Aggressive driving;
- Excessive speeding; and
- Drowsy driving.
Was the driver that caused you to crash talking or texting on their cell phone? Did they cut you off when you had the right of way or swerve into you while changing lanes? Our attorneys stop at nothing to get to the bottom of the cause of the crash, which will allow us to pin total liability against the careless or reckless party.
Why Motorcycle Injuries are so Severe
Motorcyclists are able to maneuver the bikes and make quick adjustments in a way that a car driver cannot. However, when a crash does occur, the motorcyclists are more likely to incur severe injuries. The reasons for this include the following, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Motorcycles leave riders exposed to the pavement and other vehicles with no protection such as air bags, metal roll cages, and seat belts;
- Motorcycles are less stable and can be thrown off balance even by a slight “bump” from a car that would only constitute a fender bender to a car, but would cause serious injury to a motorcyclist by throwing them to the pavement; and
- During a car crash, assuming the occupants are wearing seat belts, they do not make contact with any external objects, such as the pavement, other vehicles, trees, etc. This is not true for motorcyclists.
How Severe Was Your Injury?
Over 3,000 motorcyclists crash in Tennessee every year, according to the Tennessee Department of Safety. Many of these victims suffer little to no physical injuries, though their motorcycles may take a beating. Others are less fortunate. Common motorcycle crash injuries include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Broken limbs;
- Road rash;
- Spinal cord damage;
- Fractured ribs;
- Soft tissue damage resulting in chronic back pain;
- Torn ligaments; and
- Psychological injuries.
Reach Out to a Sevierville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today to Seek Compensation
Were you injured in a Sevierville motorcycle crash? You deserve compensation for your medical costs, pain and suffering, property damage, and much more. The motorcycle accident lawyers of Fox Farley Willis & Burnette are here to offer experienced, aggressive legal representation for maximum financial compensation. Contact us today for help.