Sevierville Energy & Atomic Worker Accident Lawyer
Providing Professional Legal Assistance to Injured Sevierville Atomic and Energy Workers
Sevierville workers who are employed in atomic or energy production fields are at particular risk for occupational injuries. While workers’ compensation covers all workers, regardless of negligence, it is not always such an easy benefit to procure. In fact, employers often make it incredibly difficult for injured workers to receive benefits, denying their claims or offering insultingly low wage-replacement benefits for employees who really should be at home resting, not back at work part time and delaying their recovery and potentially putting themselves at harms risk of permanent injury or chronic pain.
If you have been injured at work, and need assistance, let us help you. Contact a Sevierville energy worker lawyer at our office for immediate legal assistance.
Specific Energy Occupation Injuries
Virtually all energy workers are at risk of being caught in between objects, crushed by machinery, falls from height or to the same level, overexertion, overuse injuries, electrocution, and burns. However, coal fired power plant employees, atomic energy workers, powerline workers, and wind turbine workers have a particular risk of certain injuries.
- Coal fired power plants – Asbestos poisoning, causing mesothelioma, is a serious concern for coal fired power plant employees;
- Atomic energy workers – Those who work in nuclear power facilities are exposed to dozens of different types of cancer; and
- Power line and wind turbine workers – Due to the height at which they work, powerline and wind turbine workers are at a much greater risk of fatal falls than many other types of energy workers. Powerlines workers are at the greatest risk for electrocution as well. Combined with the risk of falls and electrocution, the fatality rate for powerline workers is 56.3 deaths per 100,000 workers, according to OSHA.
Dangerous Energy Sources in the Energy Workplace
If a home electrical outlet socket is dangerous, the type of power that energy workers are surrounded by on a daily basis is lethal one hundred times over. Many employees use heavy machinery and large equipment while at work, including energy workers. During servicing and maintenance of machinery or equipment, unexpected releases or startups can seriously injure or kill energy workers and others; and, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), potentially dangerous sources of energy include the following:
- Chemical; and
Energy Occupational Injuries and Illnesses in Sevierville
Depending on the type of energy you work with, you may be exposed to the following types of injuries and illnesses:
- Fractured bones;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Chronic back pain;
- Chronic beryllium disease;
- Blood disorders;
- Overuse injuries;
- Fractured ribs;
- Eye and face injuries;
- Hearing damage; and
- Crushed hands or fingers.
Contact a Sevierville Energy & Atomic Worker Lawyer Today
If you have been involved in any type of atomic or energy workplace accident, or have been injured or become ill as a result of the work that you do, you need to speak with one of our experienced occupational injury attorneys today with the law offices of Fox Farley Willis & Burnette. Contact us today to set up a free consultation.