Sevierville Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycling is a popular form of transportation throughout the US, and residents throughout Sevier County are starting to catch on to this fun activity. However, as riding becomes more common, statistics offer a useful reminder of the risks. The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security reports that approximately 380 people are involved in fatal or injury-causing bicycle accidents annually. The lives of victims and their families are turned around because of the physical, financial, and emotional losses.
It is reassuring to know that you have legal remedies after a bike crash, and you can rely on our team at Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette to assist. We have extensive experience serving victims throughout Eastern Tennessee, helping them recover compensation for their devastating losses. Please contact our firm to set up a free case review with a Sevierville bicycle accident lawyer. You might also benefit from reviewing some background information about your rights.
Liability for Tennessee Bike Crashes
Even though they are not motorized vehicles, the laws that pertain to traffic crashes apply to bicycle collisions. The underlying legal concept is negligence, which refers to a motorist’s failure to exercise reasonable care while driving. If breach of the duty of care was the direct cause of the incident, you may qualify to recover for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and many other losses.
To better understand liability, some examples may be useful. A driver could be negligent by:
- Running red lights or stop signs;
- Veering into designated bike lanes;
- Texting, talking on the phone, surfing the internet, and other forms of distracted driving;
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and
- Failure to yield right-of-way.
What to do After a Bike Collision
Success with a bicycle accident claim depends, in part, upon taking proper action in the aftermath. Your health is a priority, so get proper medical attention right away. Delays tell the story that you were not injured badly. Another high priority is your legal rights, which means it is critical to get in touch with Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette as soon as possible.
In addition, you can support the efforts of our Sevierville bicycle accident lawyers if you can take care of a few To-Do’s:
- Exchange contact and insurance information with all involved drivers.
- Do not discuss how you think the accident happened.
- Never admit fault, even if you might have been partly responsible.
- If contacted by an insurance company, decline to answer questions or provide statements.
- Provide our firm contact information to an insurer, so we can handle conversations on your behalf.
Set Up a Free Consultation with a Sevierville Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a bike collision, it is critical to retain experienced legal counsel for help with the process. To learn how Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette can assist with your remedies, please call 866-862-4855 or check us out online. We can schedule a no-cost case evaluation with a Sevierville bicycle accident lawyer who will provide additional details.