Pigeon Forge Product Liability Lawyer
Each year, thousands of Tennessee residents are injured by defective products they have purchased or were using at work or school. Thankfully, companies are liable if their products cause damage, and most of these large companies have the financial resources to “make you whole,” or fully compensate you for your medical costs, future costs, pain and suffering, lost wages, disability, and more. However, these same companies have the legal resources to mount a considerable legal defense, and not any lawyer can provide the results that you desire. Our Pigeon Forge product liability lawyers know how to win claims and lawsuits against the insurance providers of manufacturers, distributors, and shipping companies so that our clients receive the compensation they deserve. Contact us today for more information so that we can proceed as soon as possible.
Who is Liable When a Product is Defective?
Even though one company may sell a product, there could be several other individuals or companies who could also be held liable in the case of a defective product. This includes designers, fabricators, producers, distributors, and retailers.
- Manufacturer – Not all products are made with the quality and care necessary to ensure their safety. In fact, many products are designed with attention to detail, but are manufactured as cheaply and quickly as possible. This is bound to show up in their function and safety.
- Designer – If the product’s design was inherently flawed, it should have never been made in the first place. Many children’s toys and products are designed with serious health risks, including risks such as choking hazards. Choking is a leading cause of death for children under four, according to Science Daily, and toys are among the leading contributors. The Consumer Product Safety Commission has strict guidelines on children’s products for all ages. Specifically, products designed for children under three cannot have “small parts,” which are categorized as being able to fit into a cylinder that is 1.25 inches in diameter.
- Producer – Often, the designer and manufacturer are the same company. Another cause of injury is the lack of warning label or instruction manual for a product. The producer would be held accountable for failing to warn consumers of a potentially hazardous product.
- Retailer – When a retailer knowingly sells a product that they know is unsafe, they may be held accountable for your injuries, even if that product has been recalled by its manufacturer due to safety issues.
- Marketing – If a product is advertised to a group or for a function that it should not have been marketed to, the company may be held liable for false and unsafe advertising or marketing.
Contact a Pigeon Forge Product Liability Lawyer Today
Product liability cases are complex. At Fox & Farley we have the experience needed to secure expert witnesses, research the product’s history, and evaluate the thousands of associated documents. If you have been injured or lost a family member due to a defective product, contact our Pigeon Forge location today for a free initial consultation.