Pigeon Forge Hot Tub Injury Lawyer
One of the most appealing experiences when visiting a Sevier County spa, water park, hotel, or related attraction is slipping into a hot tub to ease weary muscles and unwind. Though the dangers of swimming pools are well-known, it is surprising to learn that these features are a significant source of risk. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports that almost 50 people die and 14,500 victims seek emergency medical treatment for hot tub incidents every year, and approximately one-third are children under the age of 5.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a hot tub, you may have options for seeking compensation under Tennessee law. Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette is dedicated to helping victims who are harmed through negligence of property owners, so you can trust us to assist with your remedies. Please contact our firm today to set up a free case review with a Pigeon Forge hot tub injury lawyer who can offer personalized advice. You can also check out some basics about your rights.
Causes of Hot Tub Injuries
Drownings are the most frequent types of accidents with water-related features. These incidents often occur because hair, a body part, or clothing becomes entrapped in the pump and drainage systems. However, other hazards include:
- Electrocutions from broken lights, non-GFCI switches, and other electronic components;
- Slips, trips, and falls because of algae and other substances that create slick surfaces when allowed to accumulate;
- Loose railings and staircases into the hot tub; and
- Legionnaire’s disease and other bacterial infections, which result from failure to properly disinfect the hot tub area.
These causes of hot tub injuries indicate negligence, a term that has a very specific meaning under Tennessee law. To recover monetary damages, you must prove that your injuries occurred because the owner of the facility failed to take reasonable precautions to prevent foreseeable accidents.
Seeking Compensation for Your Losses
There are multiple types of damages available in a hot tub injury claim, including amounts for medical care, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses. Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette strives to ensure you receive top compensation, so we will tackle the steps in the legal process. We start by filing an insurance claim, but we will go to court if necessary to protect your rights. You can count on our Pigeon Forge hot tub injuries attorney to:
- Collect evidence showing how negligence caused the accident;
- Assemble medical records regarding your injuries;
- File all necessary forms to initiate an insurance claim with the facility’s owner or operator;
- Discuss agreement and attempt to settle your claim; and
- Take your case to court to get the compensation you deserve.
Our Pigeon Forge Hot Tub Injury Lawyers Will Pursue All Available Remedies
While an overview is useful for understanding the basics, count on our team at Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette to tackle the details. We represent victims throughout Eastern Tennessee, so please call 866-862-4855 or go online to schedule a consultation with a skilled Pigeon Forge hot tub injuries lawyer today.