Pigeon Forge Cosmetic/Nail Salon Infection Lawyer
One of the best ways to relax is to head to the salon for a haircut, manicure, or pedicure, so these services are the last thing you expect to cause injuries. Unfortunately, when these businesses do not comply with rules and laws established by the Tennessee Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners, serious infections are likely. You might be surprised to learn that such severe medical ailments could be linked to unsanitary conditions, until you suffer physical harm and the associated emotional and financial losses.
If you developed an infection after a visit to a salon in Sevier County or other parts of Eastern Tennessee, you may qualify to recover compensation for these losses. Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette is ready to assist with your remedies, including an insurance claim and litigation in court. Please contact our firm to schedule a free case evaluation with a Pigeon Forge cosmetic & nail salon infection lawyer. Some general information about your options may also be helpful.
5 Things to Know About Salon Injuries in Tennessee
You are a paying customer when you receive services at a hair, nail, or other type of cosmetic salon, so these businesses owe you a certain duty of care. The salon must exercise reasonable care in delivering services, which generally means adhering to safety measures as a reasonably prudent spa would. Breach of this duty can lead to liability. Additional facts about these cases include:
- Under the principles of vicarious liability, the salon is responsible for the negligent acts of its employees.
- Infection is often the result of dirty supplies and failure to properly clean instruments between customers.
- Negligence could also be the cause of hair-related treatments, since there are very strong chemicals associated with permanent waves, color, and other services.
- A careless stylist could slice into the scalp, an ear, an eye, or other parts of the body, potentially resulting in severe disfigurement.
- Compensation is available for victims injured by negligent salon owners and employees, including medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Assistance with Your Legal Remedies
Business owners carry liability insurance to protect their interests in the event of an accident, so you will need to file an insurance claim to kick off the legal process. If dissatisfied with the outcome of settlement negotiations, your next step is going to court. You can rely on our Pigeon Forge cosmetic and nail salon infection lawyers at Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette will take on all necessary tasks, such as:
- Gathering evidence;
- Filing insurance claim forms;
- Negotiating settlement with the insurer; and
- Initiating litigation in court if the company refuses to settle for a fair amount.
Our Pigeon Forge Injury Attorneys Can Help with Cosmetic and Nail Salon Infection Claims
Injuries are common when businesses do not comply with the law, but it is encouraging to know that you have legal remedies. Our Pigeon Forge cosmetic/nail salon injury lawyers at Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette can provide details, so please call 866-862-4855 or visit us online. We will explain how claims for cosmetic and nail salon infection work in Tennessee.