Pigeon Forge Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Whether you ride for fun, exercise, commuting, or personal errands, bicycling is becoming one of the most popular ways to get around Sevier County. Unfortunately, statistics from the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security reveal that there are risks. Every year, there are more than 380 individuals killed or injured in bicycle accidents, leading to devastating losses. Fortunately, state law protects your interests and allows you to pursue a negligent motorist for monetary damages.
However, the legal process for a bike collision claim can be complicated. You put your rights at risk unless you have experienced legal counsel, so please contact Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette to learn how we can assist. Our team serves victims throughout Eastern Tennessee, and we are dedicated to helping you get proper compensation for your losses. You can schedule a free consultation with a Pigeon Forge bicycle accident lawyer for details, and a summary of the relevant legal concepts is informative.
Things to Know About Tennessee Bike Collisions
Though the specific reasons behind these incidents vary, bike accidents typically occur because of driver negligence. You may qualify for compensation if you can prove that the crash happened because the other motorist failed to exercise reasonable care when driving. Some additional points to note include:
- Based upon the height and physical characteristics of a bicycle collision, riders are more likely to suffer severe injuries to their lower extremities.
- In almost all cases, a bike rider will suffer a secondary impact upon hitting the ground or another rock-hard surface.
- The concept of contributory negligence applies to bicycle accidents, which relates to the lack of reasonable care by the rider. Your compensation could be reduced if you were careless, such as by violating traffic laws.
- In a successful bicycle collision case, you may be eligible to receive amounts for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and many other losses.
How to Recover Compensation After a Bike Crash
Tennessee motorists are required to carry auto insurance, so you will file a claim to seek monetary damages. The insurance company may settle for a fair amount in some cases, but you could encounter challenges. The insurer might deny payment or make a lowball counteroffer to settle, at which point you may need to take your case to court.
The Pigeon Forge bicycle accident lawyers at Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette will take care of all tasks involved with the legal process, including:
- Collecting evidence;
- Completing insurance forms and submitting them with supporting documentation;
- Discussing settlement in an attempt to resolve your claim by agreement; and
- Filing a lawsuit in court if the insurer refuses to pay.
You Can Rely on Pigeon Forge Bicycle Accident Lawyers
As you can see from this overview, retaining skilled legal representation should be a priority if you were hurt or lost a loved one in a bike crash. Our team at Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette will tackle the essential tasks, so please call 866-862-4855 or visit our website to set up a complimentary consultation. A Pigeon Forge bicycle accident lawyer can provide additional details about your remedies.