La Follette Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Tennessee Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Assisting Injury Victims in La Follette
Many Tennessee residents purchase motorcycles to use as recreational vehicles and regular modes of transportation. While motorcycles can be fun to own and to ride, a motorcycle accident can result in debilitating and even fatal injuries. To be sure, motorcyclists do not have the same protection as vehicle occupants in the event of a collision. As such, even a collision that appears to be somewhat minor can lead to devastating injuries for the motorcyclist.
According to data reported by the Tennessee Department of Transportation, the rate of motorcycle fatalities has been on the rise in the state with a near record-high number of collisions in 2016. Motorcycle accidents often happen because of another motorist’s negligence. If you or someone you love got hurt in a motorcycle crash in Tennessee, you should speak with a La Follette motorcycle accident lawyer about filing a claim for compensation.
Getting the Facts About Motorcycle Accidents in La Follette
How often do motorcycle accidents happen in La Follette, Tennessee, and what are some of the major risk factors associated with collisions? The following are some important facts and figures concerning motorcycle crashes from the Insurance Information Institute (III):
- 88,000 people suffered injuries while more than 5,000 were killed in motorcycle accidents in 2015;
- Motorcyclists are more likely to suffer serious or fatal injuries than passenger vehicle occupants;
- Older motorcyclists tend to suffer more serious injuries than younger riders;
- Alcohol plays a major role in motorcycle crashes;
- Speeding is often a factor in fatal motorcycle collisions;
- Motorcycle accidents cost about $16 billion each year in direct costs, which includes emergency care services, medical treatment and rehabilitation, and lost wages;
- Motorcycle helmets are among the most effective ways to prevent serious injuries in a crash;
- Highest percentage of motorcycle accident fatalities occur between 3:00pm and 9:00pm (more than 41 percent);
- Highest percentage of nonfatal motorcycle accident injuries also happen between 3:00pm and 9:00pm (almost 45 percent); and
- Most dangerous time of day to ride a motorcycle, in terms of injury rates, is between the daylight hour times of 3:00pm and 6:00pm (nearly a quarter of all injuries occur).
Filing Your La Follette Motorcycle Accident Claim On Time
In order to be eligible for financial compensation in a motorcycle accident claim, the injury victim must file his or her lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out. The statute of limitations is a specific period of time that a plaintiff has to file a claim. Failing to file a lawsuit within this specific time window usually means that the plaintiff is barred from obtaining compensation through a civil claim.
The statute of limitations (T.C.A. § 28-3-104) for filing a personal injury claim in Tennessee is one year from the date of the injury. As such, it is extremely important for anyone who was hurt in a motorcycle accident to speak with a La Follette motorcycle accident lawyer about filing a claim for compensation.
Contact a La Follette Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a motorcycle crash? An experienced La Follette motorcycle accident lawyer can assist with your claim. Contact Fox Willis Burnette, PLLC today to work with one of our dedicated personal injury attorneys.