LaFollette Hot Tub Injury Lawyer
When you need to relax and unwind, a hot tub may seem like the perfect place to do it. Unfortunately, hot tub accidents happen all too often. Hot tubs are not as deep as swimming pools, but drownings can still occur. If a hot tub is defective or unsanitary, the people using them may sustain a number of different injuries. In some cases, a hot tub injury can be so serious, the victim does not survive.
After sustaining a serious hot tub injury, you may deserve compensation, but a number of factors may impact your claim. A LaFollette hot tub injury lawyer can overcome the challenges these claims present so you can obtain the full compensation you are entitled to.
What Causes a Hot Tub Injury in LaFollette?
Hot tubs in gyms, public pools, apartment and condo complexes, hotels and resorts, and even in private homes can cause a number of different injuries. The most common causes of these injuries are as follows:
- Burns from water that is too hot
- Defective thermostats that may cause water to become too hot
- Slip and fall accidents
- Negligent supervision
- Allergic reactions to chemicals used in the hot tub
- Skin infections, particularly when a person with open wounds uses them
- Loose trim or protruding objects that cause severe cuts
- Defective drains that can pull someone underwater and cause them to drown
- Drowning due to other causes
It is not always clear what caused an injury while you are trying to recover from serious injuries. A LaFollette hot tub injury lawyer can determine the cause so you know who to hold liable for paying damages.
Determining Liability After a Hot Tub Injury
It may seem as though the property owner or owner of the hot tub is liable for an accident resulting in injury. At times, that is true. However, there are other potentially liable parties, too. These include:
- Operators of owners and spas, resorts, hotels, and gyms if they did not properly maintain the equipment
- Manufacturers of defective hot tubs for creating a defective product, such as hot tub that cannot regulate water temperature properly
- Distributors who sold or marketed a defective product to a consumer
Even knowing which parties may be liable for a hot tub injury is not always enough. For example, you may have sustained injury in a hotel hot tub and assume the hotel owner is liable. A LaFollette hot tub injury lawyer will conduct an investigation to determine which party is responsible and will hold them liable for paying the full financial compensation you deserve.
Call Our Hot Tub Injury Lawyer in LaFollette After an Accident
Hot tub accidents are very serious and could leave you with serious injuries, or even result in the loss of a loved one. At Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette, our LaFollette hot tub injury lawyers will handle every aspect of your claim so you can focus on your recovery. Call us today at 866-862-4855 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help you obtain the settlement you deserve.