Accident Occurs in Cumberland County
Cumberland County, TN (August 28, 2020) An accident occurred in the 6900 block of Dunbar Road on August 28, which is approximately a mile north of Vandever Road and south of Lake Tansai. As a result, law enforcement urged anyone driving through the area to exercise the highest degree of caution. It remains uncertain if anyone was injured or killed in the accident. An additional investigation is also being performed to determine what forces led to the crash.
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security reports that so far in 2020, there were 134 accidents resulting in injuries and 8 car accidents that led to fatalities.
What to Do After a Tennessee Car Accident
If you or a loved one has been impacted by a Tennessee car accident, it helps to follow some important safety precautions, which include:
- Avoid driving away from the accident scene
- Decrease the risk of chain reaction accidents by keeping your flashers on
- Even if no one is seriously injured in your accident, consider contacting law enforcement
- Keep an accurate record of the accident, including your resulting injuries
- If it is safe to do so, take pictures of the accident scene and vehicles involved
- Provided you were in an accident with another vehicle, exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver
- Receive medical attention even if you do not think you were seriously injured
Speak with a Skilled Tennessee Car Accident Attorney
When car accidents occur in Cumberland County or any part of Tennessee, victims can find their lives changed in a few brief moments. If you need the assistance of a compassionate car accident lawyer, do not hesitate to contact Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette today.
Note: This post was written based on available resources, news stories, and online reports about this incident. As is often the case with fast breaking news, there is always the risk that some details are still being shared and uncovered. Please contact us if you notice any information that should be changed or added. Thanks!