Motorcyclist Injured After Crossville Accident
Crossville, TN (September 10, 2020) A motorcycle accident occurred on September 10th on North Main Street in Crossville around noon. Early details about the accident state that a motorcyclist was taken by ambulance to a helipad close to Cumberland Medical Center so she could then be transported by helicopter to a trauma center. Additional details about the accident have not yet been released.
Even though 20 percent of passenger vehicles lead to either injuries or deaths, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has found that 80 percent of motorcycle accidents result in either injuries or fatalities.
The Most Common Reasons Why Motorcycle Accidents Occur
While there are many factors that can result in motorcycle accidents, some of the most common reasons crashes occur include:
- Dangerous road conditions including debris and potholes
- Drivers who fail to spot motorcyclists
- Drivers who stop suddenly
- Errors made by drivers who are making left hand turns
- Inexperienced drivers who make dangerous driving moves
- Lane splitting or driving between two traffic lanes
- Motorcycles that are designed with dangerous or defective parts
- Passenger vehicle drivers and passengers who throw doors open suddenly
- People who operate vehicles under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Speeding by motorcyclists and passenger vehicle drivers
Speak with a Tennessee Motorcycle Crash Attorney
Motorcycle accidents can leave the lives of riders substantially changed. One of the best steps that you can take if you have been impacted by a Tennessee motorcycle accident is to promptly contact an experienced attorney. Contact Fox Farley Willis & Burnette today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Note: This post was written based on available resources, news stories, and online reports about this incident. As is often the case with fast breaking news, there is always the risk that some details are still being shared and uncovered. Please contact us if you notice any information that should be changed or added. Thanks!