Interstate 40 Closed After Five Vehicle Crash in Sevier
Sevier County, TN (August 1, 2020) One person was recently killed and several others were injured after a multiple vehicle accident occurred on Interstate 40 eastbound in Sevier County on August 1. The Sevierville Police Department reports that a westbound vehicle crossed the median into eastbound traffic close to exit 407 and five vehicles ended up in the collision. As a result of the accident, all eastbound lanes of Interstate 40 were temporarily closed. Some victims were transported to the University of Tennessee Medical Center.
The Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security reports that in 2019, 14 people died due to traffic fatalities in Sevier. So far, at least 6 individuals have died in Siever due to traffic fatalities in 2020.
Common Causes of Tennessee Multi-Vehicle Pileups
There are various factors that can result in multiple vehicle pile-ups, but some of the most common factors include:
- Drivers who are distracted by smartphones or anything else
- Drivers who combine motor vehicle operation with alcohol or drug use
- Drivers who fall asleep at the wheel
- Drivers who follow other vehicles on Tennessee’s roads too closely
- Motorists who slow down to look at other accidents
- Road construction that leads to roads that are too narrow to be safe
- Speeding too fast for the surrounding conditions
- Weather conditions like ice, snow, and sun that can make it difficult to stop or see surrounding conditions
Retain the Services of an Experienced Knoxville Car Crash Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a multiple vehicle accident, you should not hesitate to speak with an experienced attorney. Contact Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette today for assistance.
Note: This post was written based on available resources, news stories, and online reports about this incident. As is often the case with fast breaking news, there is always the risk that some details are still being shared and uncovered. Please contact us if you notice any information that should be changed or added. Thanks!