Knoxville Personal Injury Lawyers
Dedicated Knoxville & Clinton Personal Injury Lawyers With Decades of Experience
In Tennessee, thousands of people are injured every year by the negligent acts of others. Injuries sustained in traumatic accidents range from mild scratches and bruises to more severe problems, such as concussions, broken bones, and paralysis. But the trauma resulting from an accident can have serious consequences aside from physical injury or property damage. For instance, many car accident survivors struggle with anxiety and may take months or even years before they feel comfortable driving again. Family members who have lost loved ones in tragic accidents face additional emotional trauma and depression that can make it hard to hold down a job or even complete daily tasks.
- Knoxville Personal Injury Lawyer
For over thirty years, our team of dedicated Knoxville personal injury lawyers have helped victims injured in all kinds of accidents obtain the compensation they deserve. Although nothing can replace a loved one or make up for permanent injuries, compensation can go a long way toward enabling families to pay medical costs, cover unpaid bills, and ensuring that the injured party receives the best long-term medical and rehabilitative care available.
Knoxville & Clinton Personal Injury & Social Security Disability
The Knoxville personal injury lawyers at Fox & Farley have successfully represented hundreds of clients who were injured in a variety of auto accidents involving heavy impacts such as automobile, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Whether the other driver was driving under the influence or simply distracted, we help to ensure that responsible parties are held accountable for their poor decisions. Our Knoxville and Clinton personal injury lawyers have extensive experience handling a variety of different cases, including:
- Automobile and Truck Accidents: When a negligent driver causes an accident that injures you or causes damage to your vehicle, he or she can be held responsible. In many instances, these types of accidents are caused by drivers who are intoxicated, distracted, sleep-deprived, or simply behaving recklessly. Injuries sustained in truck accidents can be especially devastating due to the sheer size of the vehicle and the fact that many semi-trucks haul dangerous chemicals. We have helped clients recover for broken bones, burns, lacerations, and head trauma sustained in an accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to being injured by another person’s negligence. Whereas those in cars and trucks are protected by airbags and thousands of pounds of steel, motorcyclists have no barrier between them and the road. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are especially horrific and can often result in death. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing those who have sustained crippling injuries due to another driver’s distracted driving or carelessness.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Sometimes catastrophic accidents like multi-car pile-ups result in traumatic brain injuries. These types of injuries can be life-threatening, are often permanent, and can have far-reaching consequences on the lives of victims and their families. Years of therapy, surgeries, and treatment may be required, all of which are not only painful, but also emotional and expensive. When someone has suffered such a severe injury, the last thing he or she needs to worry about is expenses. At Fox & Farley, we can help to ensure that those who have been injured due to the negligence of another person and have sustained injuries that will require them to receive continuing treatment will have access to the best possible care.
- Domestic Relations: Family law is an extremely complex area of the law because it encompasses so many issues. However, our Knoxville and Clinton family lawyers have dealt with them all, including divorces, the division of parental responsibilities, and child support issues. These types of cases are especially emotional, particularly if there are children involved. Our firm focuses on protecting the rights of all family members, including any children, to ensure that they are as sheltered as possible from any stresses associated with legal matters.
- Toxic Exposure: For many years, no one was aware that certain substances used in the workplace were dangerous to the health of those that came into contact with them. This has been devastating to the lives of many who worked around asbestos for years and were diagnosed with serious ailments as a result. For instance, mesothelioma, a cancer that affects the membrane protecting a person’s organs, has been directly linked to asbestos exposure. If you have been exposed to a toxic substance, it is vital that you contact an attorney as soon as possible to ensure that you receive the best medical care possible.
- Product Liability: When a manufacturer or distributor produces a poorly designed or improperly assembled product that causes an injury to a consumer, the parties responsible can be held liable. We have represented clients injured by a variety or defective products, ranging from automobiles and pharmaceutical products to unsafe toys and household appliances.
- Criminal Defense: The legal team at Fox & Farley has decades of experience in criminal defense. Whether you have been arrested for or charged with a felony or a misdemeanor, a conviction can have far-reaching consequences that can affect your life for years to come. For instance, a criminal record makes it much more difficult to gain employment, housing, and even educational opportunities. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to ensure that your rights are protected and may be able to get your charges reduced or even dismissed.
Our experience, however, extends beyond vehicular accidents, and we have represented many individuals who were tragically injured by a defective product or dangerous drug. We are especially committed to defending the rights of those who cannot defend themselves, such as the very young and the elderly. Whether the claim involves toxic exposure, defective children’s toys, or nursing home negligence, our lawyers will assemble an investigative team, gather evidence, and aggressively represent the interests of our clients.
Our Knoxville and Clinton personal injury lawyers have decades of experience representing clients in personal injury matters. However, we also specialize in helping people obtain workers’ compensation and Social Security disability benefits. Being injured on the job can have devastating financial consequences on a family. We are dedicated to ensuring that hardworking individuals and their families get the support they need in order to get back on their feet.
Cases involving domestic relations can be extremely emotional and stressful, especially when custody of a child is involved. We have experience representing clients in a variety of divorce matters, including child support, spousal support, child custody and visitation, and property division.
Jury Verdicts and Settlements
Because of our experience and dedication, our law firm gets results. Some of our recent verdicts and settlements include:
- An $800,000 jury verdict in a federal district court against the manufacturer of an industrial sealant and adhesive. The products were used in an assembly line and caused many of the workers who came into contact with it to contract debilitating dermatitis.
- A $947,400 settlement in Logan County, West Virginia, in a wrongful death action against the owners of a motel who did not provide adequate fire protection or alarm systems. Their negligence led to the death of a client when a fire broke out and he was unable to escape.
- A $1.6 million settlement for a man who sustained multiple leg and arm fractures and a head injury when he was struck head-on by a large truck.
- A $2.3 million jury verdict for a Knox County motorcyclist who lost his left leg after a motorist struck him and fled the scene.
- A $635,000 jury verdict for a family who sustained multiple injuries when an intoxicated driver struck their car head-on.
While our Knoxville personal injury attorneys at Fox & Farley are well-known for their success rate, they are equally renowned for professionalism and superior ethics. Our firm has been ranked by Cityview magazine as employing the best attorneys in Knoxville every year since 2008. We were also peer-reviewed and rated as one of the nation’s preeminent law firms by Martindale-Hubbell and were honored to accept the American Association for Justice’s recognition as one of the top 100 lawyers in the country.
At Fox & Farley, we are committed to helping those who have been injured obtain the compensation they deserve. But we are also members of the community and are dedicated to having a meaningful impact in the area. We are well-placed to volunteer with a number of service groups, including:
- Fox & Farley Scholarship Fund: Our firm established this fund in order to award scholarships to graduating seniors who excelled academically and showed an admirable interest in community service, but due to their family circumstances, lacked the funds to pursue higher education.
- CASA of the Tennessee Heartland: CASA is a non-profit organization that seeks to empower abused and neglected children in the community by assigning volunteers to advocate on their behalf in juvenile court. Our firm has been a strong supporter of this program for years and provides primary sponsorship for many of its fundraisers.
- Tennessee Wildlife Federation: The Tennessee Wildlife Federation is dedicated to conserving our state’s wildlife and natural resources through stewardship, youth engagement, and public policy. Fox & Farley is proud to be a TFW supporter.
- Shangri-La Therapeutic Academy of Riding (STAR): This group has achieved groundbreaking results in their work as providers of equine-assisted activities for those with physical, mental and neurological disabilities. The attorneys at Fox & Farley have been proud donors for years.
Experienced Knoxville Personal Injury Lawyers Protect Your Rights
Our Knoxville personal injury attorneys work hard for you in practice areas that include:
- Personal Injury: from car, truck and motorcycle accidents; accidents caused by distracted driving; nursing home abuse and neglect claims; defective or malfunctioning products; diseases at energy and atomic plants involving exposures to toxic substances, and resulting in cancer and other diseases
- Workers’ compensation: workplace injuries of all types and third-party claims
- Social Security Disability: when benefits applications and appeals are denied
- Criminal Defense: against a broad range of felony and misdemeanor charges
- Domestic Relations: family law representation in contested and high net worth divorce, child support and spousal support matters, child custody and visitation issues, and asset and property division
Personal injury clients of Fox & Farley receive our aggressive representation on a contingency fee basis. This means we cannot be compensated for our efforts unless we win your case and a settlement damage award that meets with your approval.
Personal Injury & Social Security Disability Video FAQs
- If I’ve Been Injured in an Accident What Should I do After I Leave the Scene?
- If I’ve Been Injured in an Accident What Should I do at the Scene?
- Why do You Limit Your Practice to Representing People Who Are Seriously Injured?
- If I’ve Been Seriously Hurt How Do I Choose a Lawyer?
- If I’ve Been Injured in a Collision Can I Still See My Own Doctor?
- What’s the Difference Between SSI and Disability?
- Are Children Eligible for Disability Benefits?
- What Factors are Most Important When Apply for Disability Benefits?
Contact the Knoxville Personal Injury Lawyers at Fox & Farley Today
We understand that retaining an attorney can seem like an intimidating process and we do all that we can to put our clients’ minds at ease. To this end, we offer free initial consultations so that each potential client can get an idea of the services we offer as well as his or her chance of success. Our legal team also operates on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients do not owe us anything unless we win the case or reach a settlement with the other parties.
Contact our skilled Knoxville personal injury lawyers for a free initial consultation. We can be reached by phone, toll free, at 866-862-4855 or by e-mail. If your injury prevents you from visiting us at our law offices, our Knoxville personal injury attorneys can arrange to come to your home or hospital room.