LaFollette Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Accidents on the road do not always only involve vehicles. All too often, a motorist will strike a pedestrian. Drivers always have the upper hand in pedestrian accidents, as those on foot are incredibly exposed and do not have any form of protection. When a vehicle hits them, they sustain some of the most serious injuries. In most cases, pedestrian accidents are caused by driver negligence. Pedestrians can file a claim for financial compensation against the careless driver that struck them. If you have been hurt, working with a LaFollette pedestrian accident lawyer will ensure you receive the full damages you deserve.
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents in LaFollette
Accidents between vehicles and individuals on foot are often fatal. Even when a pedestrian survives, they will still sustain catastrophic injuries. Some of the most common injuries pedestrians incur are as follows:
- Ligament and tendon damage, particularly rotator cuffs, MCLs, and ACLs
- Broken bones, such as legs, arms, collarbones, and ribs
- Spinal and back injury, including slipped or bulging discs and fractured vertebrae
- Internal organ damage, such as internal bleeding and bruised or perforated organs
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions and comas
- Amputation, either accidental or surgical
The above injuries have the potential to have lifelong consequences for accident victims. Pedestrians can file a claim against negligent drivers to obtain damages for their injuries.
Damages Available After a Pedestrian Accident in LaFollette
Compensation can never undo an accident or injury, but it can offset the financial burden of a pedestrian’s losses. If you have been injured, the compensation you may be eligible for includes:
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, surgeries, and transportation to and from doctors’ appointments
- Lost income if you had to miss time from work
- Pain and suffering for your physical pain and any emotional trauma your injuries have caused
- Loss of companionship if you can no longer provide certain society, companionship, and services for your loved ones
A LaFollette pedestrian accident lawyer will review the facts of your case and advise on the full damages you deserve.
Statute of Limitations on Pedestrian Accident Claims
An attorney will also ensure your claim is filed on time. In LaFollette, as throughout the rest of Tennessee, pedestrian accident claims are governed by a statute of limitations, or a time limit. This time limit is just one year from the date of the accident. If your claim is not filed within this time, you will likely lose your legal right to claim any damages at all. To protect your rights, it is vital that you speak to an attorney as soon as possible.
Call Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in LaFollette Now
If you have been struck by a negligent driver while out walking, do not hesitate to contact our knowledgeable LaFollette pedestrian accident lawyer. At Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette, our skilled attorneys have the necessary experience to protect your legal rights and help you claim the full settlement you are entitled to. Call us today at 866-862-4855 or contact us online to request a free consultation and to obtain the sound legal advice you need.