Gatlinburg Distracted Driving Lawyer
Distracted driving is no longer limited to when a person calls or texts while driving. Now, there are phones apps that also take people’s attention off the roads. With the rise in technology, distracted driving crashes are actually increasing across the country. According to Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security, there were 10,347 distracted driving crashes in 2007 and it has been increasing ever since. There were 24,754 distracted driving crashes in 2016. These crashes cause vehicle damage, injuries, and death. When a person is behind the wheel of a vehicle they are responsible for their driving behavior. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a distracted driver you deserve to be compensated for the damages. Contact the Gatlinburg distracted driving lawyers at Fox & Farley to learn more about how we can assist you through the legal process.
What Constitutes Distracted Driving?
Cell phones are the most reported on type of distracted driving, but there are many ways a driver can take their focus off of the road including:
- Manual Distractions – This includes any activity where a person’s hands are taken off the wheel. This includes eating, drinking, handing items to kids in the backseat, and more.
- Cognitive distractions – A person is distracted anytime they are preoccupied mentally with another task or situation.
- Visual Distractions – According to the National Safety Council, any person that talks on the phone while driving loses 50 percent of their field of vision. This also applies to someone who looks at the GPS system, radio, or passenger’s activities.
Unless a driving admits to their error, it can take some probing into the crash to learn what actually happened. Our lawyers have been handling traffic cases for years and know what to look for when investigating distracted driving cases.
The Consequences of a Distracted Driving Crash
Car crashes have serious, long-lasting consequences. If you have been involved in a crash due to someone else’s lack of attention on the road, you deserve to be financially compensated. At Fox & Farley, our lawyers have years of experience compiling all the information necessary to submit a detailed insurance claim. As the injured party you deserve to be compensated for the following:
- Hospital and medical bills;
- Vehicle damage;
- Lost wages from time away from work;
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of quality of life;
- Funeral costs; and
- Loss of a companion.
If You Were Injured By a Distracted Driver in Gatlinburg, Contact Us Today
Whether you were in another driver, a passenger, a cyclist, a motorcyclist, or a pedestrian, if you were hit by a distracted driver you need to submit an insurance claim. Recovering is your first priority, so let the personal injury lawyers at Fox & Farley handle the legal process of seeking compensation for you. We will fight hard on your behalf from the moment we investigate the crash until the case is resolved. Contact our Gatlinburg offices for a free initial consultation.