Clinton Amusement Park Accident Lawyer
A fun day with the kids or a long-anticipated family vacation can take a tragic turn in a split second if safety protocols are not kept, equipment malfunctions, and attention to detail is not kept by amusement park staff members. Amusement park accidents can cause severe injuries, ranging from broken limbs, traumatic brain injuries, and even death in some cases. However, a Clinton amusement park accident lawyer will be able to help you recover the financial damages that have been caused to you and your family. We strongly encourage you to contact us at Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette as soon as you are able so that you can get started on your path to recovery.
Proving Negligence in Clinton Amusement Park Accidents
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reported 30,000 emergency room visits across the nation caused by accidents that occurred at amusement parks in 2016, according to CNN.
Not all injuries are the fault of the amusement park, however. For example, if an intoxicated person tripped and fell down a flight of stairs, the amusement park could potentially argue that the injured person is responsible for causing their own injuries. In order for a plaintiff to succeed in winning a lawsuit or receiving an out-of-court settlement offer, their attorney must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the amusement park, in some way, failed to uphold their duty of care to provide a reasonably safe environment for all invitees.
When are Amusement Parks Liable for Accidents?
Seventy percent of amusement park injuries occur in the summer months, according to USA Today News, and include accidents that happen in water amusement parks, where drowning is a leading cause of death. Common examples of injuries that amusement parks are responsible for causing include the following:
- Failing to post adequate warning signs;
- Failing to provide hand or guard rails on stairs or ramps;
- Slippery surfaces;
- Tripping hazards on stairs, such as chipped, broken, or wet stairs that do not have proper gripping material;
- Negligent security, including in parking lot;
- Failing to provide instructions to users of a ride or slide;
- Inadequate staff training;
- Lack of lifeguards;
- Improper sanitation;
- Staff member caused an injury or failed to perform their duties;
- Not inspecting riders for properly fitted safety harnesses; and
- Equipment failures, including lack of maintenance and lack of inspection.
Some of the more traumatic injuries that our lawyers have helped clients recover financial damages from include:
- Fractured limbs;
- Broken limbs;
- Back injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Torn ligaments;
- Lacerations and severe contusions;
- Internal organ injuries;
- Neck injuries and spinal cord damage; and
- Wrongful death, including drownings.
Contact an Experienced Clinton Amusement Park Personal Injury Lawyer
Whether you or a loved one was injured in an amusement park, you may be able to recover considerable financial damages. The compassionate Clinton amusement park accident attorneys at Fox, Farley, Willis & Burnette are available to assist victims of negligent amusement parks today. Contact us to find out more about your options for financial compensation.