Sevierville Xarelto Lawyer
Not all drugs are safe for all users, and Xarelto is a particularly dangerous and even fatal medication that has caused thousands of people to serious harm due to excessive bleeding or increased risk of stroke. If you have been prescribed Xarelto and have ended up in the hospital because of it, it is time to contact a Sevierville Xarelto lawyer at the office of Fox & Farley to learn more.
Xarelto’s Intended Use is to Thin Blood and Prevent Dangerous Blood Clots, But Adverse Effects are Common
Blood thinners are used to prevent clots from forming, which can cause heart attack or stroke. Indeed, 300,000 people die every year from clot issues, and up to 100,000 people die every year from deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism alone, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Some of the serious conditions that blood clots cause include the following:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism – When a blood clot forms in a deep leg vein, the condition is known as deep vein thrombosis (DVT). If the blood clot travels to the lungs and blocks blood flow, it causes a serious condition called pulmonary embolism (PE). When the blood flow is blocked it can cause damage to lungs or other organs, create low oxygen levels in the blood, and even lead to death.
- Atrial Fibrillation – Another medical concern that can lead to blood clots is atrial fibrillation. This is an irregular heartbeat that can cause a blood clot in one of the upper chambers of the heart. If this blood clot breaks free it will travel to the brain, which then can cause a potentially deadly stroke.
To treat these conditions, doctors prescribe blood thinners such as Xarelto. Unfortunately, with this particular drug there are serious side effects that are also deadly. Prolonged use of Xarelto can actually increase your risk of stroke. Xarelto may cause the other following side effects:
- Unexpected bleeding;
- Long lasting bleeding;
- Frequent Nose bleeds;
- Bleeding gums;
- Heavy menstrual bleeding;
- Severe or uncontrollable bleeding;
- Red, pink, or brown colored urine
- Red or black stool;
- Vomiting blood or what looks like coffee grounds;
- Difficulty breathing;
- Blurred vision;
- Pain, drainage, or swelling around wounds and
Other risk factors pointed out on Xarelto’s black box warning include epidural or spinal hematomas. This pooling of blood that occurs outside of blood vessels is a risk for patients undergoing a spinal puncture or who are receiving neuraxial anesthesia. Developing such a hematoma can cause permanent paralysis.
Contact an Experienced Xarelto Injury Lawyer Today for Assistance
Xarelto is simply not safe for many users, and the clinical trial that was performed, which largely lead to the drug’s approval, was later found to be seriously flawed. If you or a loved one has suffered because of Xarelto, you may be able to receive financial compensation. We have helped countless clients recover substantial damages caused by Xarelto. Call one of our Sevierville Xarelto lawyers with the office Fox & Farley today to get started.