Nashville Criminal Defense Lawyer
There are many serious consequences you expect when you have been arrested on criminal charges in Tennessee, but there are also implications that you could not even imagine. If convicted, you face jail time, hefty fines, probation, and community service. However, you could also lose your driver’s license and have a permanent criminal record, which impacts your employment and future. Under the circumstances, you must do all you can to fight the charges and obtain the best possible result.
Therefore, your first step after an arrest is to retain a skilled Nashville, Tennessee criminal defense attorney. Our Nashville criminal defense lawyers at Fox Willis Burnette, PLLC have the comprehensive legal knowledge and experience necessary to fight for your rights. To hear more about potential defense strategies, please contact our office to schedule a consultation. You can also read on for more information on criminal cases and your rights.
You Can Rely on an Experienced Nashville, TN Criminal Defense Lawyer
At the outset, it is important to understand that an arrest does not equal guilt. Every person accused of a crime is considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Our legal team at Fox Willis Burnette, PLLC knows how to employ various legal tools and strategies to protect your rights in a criminal case, from arrest to the day of your trial.
Our criminal defense attorneys assist with a wide range of felonies and misdemeanors, including:
- Drunk Driving: Tennessee law is tough on DUI offenders, and you face mandatory jail time even for your first offense. Plus, your driver’s license is automatically revoked for a year and a judge could fine you up to $1,500.
- Drug Crimes: Possession and trafficking in controlled substances are serious offenses. Even marijuana, in any amount, carries potential incarceration and a fine. Conviction on drugs could lead to a sentence of 8-30 years, and fines of $25,000 or more.
- Theft Offenses: The classification of theft crimes in Tennessee depends upon the value of the property that was misappropriated. Offenses like shoplifting are lower-level misdemeanors, but felony charges and harsher penalties apply to more valuable items.
- Sex Crimes: Rape, sexual assault and/or battery, child pornography, and other sex offenses involving children are among the most serious criminal charges a person can face. Along with prison time, fines, and other penalties, you could be required to register as a sex offender. This status follows you around for life, so fighting the charges is crucial.
- Representation for Other Crimes: We will also fight for your rights if you were arrested for such offenses as:
- Domestic Violence;
- Weapons Charges;
- Motor Vehicle Offenses;
- Assault and Battery;
- Probation Violations; and,
- Many others.
Schedule a Consultation with a Nashville Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
It is essential to take advantage of all options if you were arrested for a crime in Tennessee, and a defense attorney can help with strategy. For more information on criminal charges, proceedings in criminal court, and your legal options, please contact the Nashville criminal defense lawyers at Fox Willis Burnette, PLLC. You can reach our Nashville, TN office at (866) 862-4855 or via our website to schedule a consultation regarding your case.