Pigeon Forge Uninsured Motorist Lawyer
Unfortunately, the chances of being hit by a driver that was uninsured or underinsured are all too high in Pigeon Forge and Tennessee. In fact, Tennessee is the sixth worst state in the country when it comes to the number of uninsured drivers. One in five Tennessee drivers out on the roads does not have insurance, compared to the national average of 12.6 percent, according to the Insurance Information Institute. If you were injured by another’s negligence, contact experienced Pigeon Forge uninsured motorist lawyers at Fox & Farley today for help.
Filing a Claim Against Your Own Insurance Provider
If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you may be able to file a claim against your own insurance provider if the party that caused your injuries and property damage has no insurance. A lawyer will guide you through this process and negotiate with your insurance company. If necessary, we will take your insurer to arbitration, where further negotiation can occur, or where a final decision is made by an arbitrator.
Suing the Uninsured Party
Generally, filing a lawsuit against the uninsured driver is not a good option, because in order to be paid what you are owed, the driver must actually have assets worth something. Most uninsured drivers do not have any considerable assets, and even if you win a lawsuit, they may not be able to pay. However, in some cases, the uninsured party may have assets but no insurance. This sometimes occurs when a driver with a storied DUI history has no license, and currently no insurance, and decides to break the law and get behind the wheel. In cases where the uninsured party does have assets, such as a valuable home, savings, or automobiles, we may pursue the lawsuit option.
What to do After a Crash
There are millions of car crashes in the U.S. each year, and America has the greatest number of traffic fatalities of any developed country, according to CNN. Apparently, traffic collisions happen all the time, but what are you supposed to do when it happens to you? Follow the steps outlined below if you are involved in a collision:
- Make sure that you and your passengers are safe. Provide medical attention if necessary;
- Provide assistance to any other parties involved in the crash if needed;
- Dial 911 if the collision is serious;
- Move vehicles from roadway if applicable;
- Get the identification and insurance information of any other parties;
- Take photos of the crash scene and get witness statements and contact information of any witnesses;
- Give your statement to the police;
- Seek medical attention after the crash (this step may be the only immediate step that you are capable of doing if you are critically injured);
- Contact your insurance company; and
- Call a Pigeon Forge traffic collision lawyer with experience in uninsured or underinsured motorists.
Contact Fox & Farley Today
If you were hit by an uninsured driver, it is crucial that you contact an experienced Pigeon Forge uninsured driver lawyer at once. The lawyers at the law offices of Fox & Farley have more than 30 years of experience assisting injured victims of negligent uninsured motorists, and will help you recover all possible compensation from the liable party.