Fox & Farley, Attorneys at Law
Placeholder Groupshot Groupshot Groupshot Bruce D. Fox Attorney Attorney Groupshot Attorney Attorney Attorney Attorneys Attorney Groupshot Groupshot Attorney and Award-Winning Dog

We change people's lives in Greater Knoxville and Statewide

Pigeon Forge Car Accident Lawyer

Victims of car crashes are often left with broken bones, post traumatic stress disorder, and mounting bills and other expenses that only add to their physical injuries. Our Pigeon Forge car accident lawyers of Fox & Farley have been helping car collision victims for decades, and know what it takes to win both small and large cases. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

How did the Crash Happen and Who is at Fault?

Tennessee is a modified comparative negligence state that uses a 50 percent negligence rule as the cut off for when a plaintiff can be awarded financial compensation from the other party, according to the Claims Journal. What this means is that if you are found partially to blame, you will not be entitled to the full amount that you would have otherwise if you had not been at all to blame. For example, if you run a stop sign but a drunk driver hits you, who also ran the stop sign and was speeding 30 miles per hour over the speed limit, you may be deemed 20 percent at fault, while the other driver is 80 percent at fault. You would only be able to recover 80 percent of the damages caused to you in this case. However, if you were 50 percent at fault or more, you would not be able to recover any damages. Because of this, it is important to show the court that you were in no way at fault in this crash, so that you will be able to recover as much financial compensation as possible. 

How Much will I Get?

All car crashes are expensive. However, some are much more costly than others. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the average lifetime cost to society for a traffic fatality is $1.4 million, though in wrongful death accidents, it is not uncommon to receive much more than this depending on the insured’s policy. The amount you receive depends on the severity of your injuries and other damages, your lost income and future lost earning capacity due to disability, pain and suffering, experience of your lawyer, and the insurance policy or assets of the negligent party. 

Call Us Today to Speak with an Experienced Pigeon Forge Car Accident Lawyer

The quantity of financial compensation that you receive all depends on the experience of your lawyer. We work with investigators, police, physicians, and expert witnesses to establish the cause of the crash and to understand the true extent of your injuries. Traffic collisions happen every day, but we understand that just because they are common does not mean that this traumatic experience has not deeply impacted you and your family. We strive to help create a better economic future for you by working tirelessly both in and out of the courtroom. Call the Pigeon Forge car accident lawyers of Fox & Farley today to find out more about our services and the professional guidance we give to each of our clients.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus
MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2017 Fox & Farley, Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab